Start Date: Spring 2023
Reports to: Manager of Brewery Operations
Compensation: TBD based on experience. Hourly or salary.
Daft Brewing is a craft brewery located close to downtown in Kingston, Ontario. We specialize in making a variety of beers ranging from classic to experimental. Our 7BBL brewhouse and 9 fermenters allow us to have a variety of ever changing beers on tap and available for distribution in our retail store, LCBO, and to licensees. As a brewer in our team, you will be busy performing a variety of brewery related tasks, and will have the opportunity to provide input on everything related to the beer.
We are seeking a brewer who is passionate about beer, who is able to manage all aspects of a brewery, and who has leadership capabilities. There may be opportunities for promotion as we expand.
- College/University degree preferred in a brewery related program. Alternatively, other science-based degrees and brewery experience may be considered.
- 3+ years experience working in a craft brewery.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership abilities.
- Proven recipe development skills.
- Proficient technical knowledge in all applicable aspects of brewing/packaging process.
- Be obsessive about sanitation and quality control.
- Ability to work safely within a brewery setting.
- Have the social skills to converse with customers about the brewery process, beer styles, and craft beer culture.
- Have the skills/knowledge for DIY maintenance in the brewery.
- Ability to manage/train team members.
- Strong organizational skills. Ability to monitor and manage brews from beginning to end of the process and meet packaging deadlines.
- A comprehensive knowledge and passion for craft beer.
- Flexibility, results-oriented mindset, and a good attitude are essential.
- Ability to accurately record inventory, understand and monitor cost control.
- Proficient in beer line cleaning, draft line balancing, and serving.
- Ability to function in a team environment.
- Ability to take direction from owners and managers of brewery operations.
- Willingness to work full-time. Some flexibility, including extended hours and occasionally weekends as needed (specific hours for brewing process negotiable).
- Ability to lift and move up to 55 pounds on a consistent basis.
- Ability to stand on feet for 8+ hours.
- Ability to climb ladders and ramps, crouch, and work in tight spaces.
- Willingness to be exposed to wet conditions and work in extreme temperatures.
- Willingness and ability to work safely with industrial grade chemicals.
- Willingness to work safely in environments with variable noise levels.
- High school degree or GED required.
- Applicant must live within an hour of the brewery or be willing to relocate.
- 90-day probation time on the job.
- Class G driver’s license.
- Smart Serve certified.
How to Apply
Please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org – subject line should read “Brewer: Your Name”.
- Your current brewing resume
- Cover letter
- Two references, if available. Preferably in brewery related positions.
- No phone calls will be accepted
- Qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview
Please Note: This Job Description is neither definitive nor restrictive and may be modified to meet changing needs